We will hold and process personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and any other applicable laws and regulations relating to the processing of personal data and privacy, including any applicable guidance and codes of practice issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How we use information about you
We provide invoicing, collection and other services to consultants and medical facilities operating in the private healthcare sector. These services require us to process the personal data you have provided or that we have received from third parties.
Please note that our processing of your personal data is an essential requirement for us to provide services to your chosen healthcare provider.
What information do we hold?
Most of the information we hold for you is categorised as Standard Personal Information, such as contact details. However, on occasion; and for a limited period only; we will hold Special Category Data such as information about your health.
Standard personal information:
- contact information, such as your name, address, email address and phone numbers;
- the country you live in, your age, your date of birth and identifiers (such as your insurance policy number)
- information from sources which are available to the public, such as the edited electoral register or social media
- information about your employment
- details of any contact we have had with you, such as any complaints or incidents.
Special category information:
- information about your physical or mental health that has been requested by your insurer or other payment company to process a claim.
We do not share information about you with third parties other than to a limited number of essential people necessary to perform our obligations, including:
- your health insurance company or other payor
- our trusted third-party service providers
We never share information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Information and Access to Personal Data
You have a right to know what information we hold about you. We may request an administration fee for supplying a copy of any personal information.
You must notify us of any changes to your personal information such as a change to your name, address or email to ensure your personal information is correct and up to date.
We use emails and mobile phone numbers as our primary methods of communication. Please remember that the email address you give us must be secure and not accessible by anyone else.
By providing your email address you are consenting to its use for services which may include the provision and/or receipt of invoices and receipts as well as the administration of your claim.
Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which may include your right to:
- request access to your personal data ‘Right of access’
- request that your personal data is corrected ‘Right of rectification’
- request that your personal data is removed ‘Right to be forgotten’
Data Retention Policy
We will hold and process your personal data for the minimum length of time possible, considering legal, regulatory and statutory reporting purposes such as:
- as required by our Regulators, HMRC
- monitoring and improving our services
- data analytics, market trends and benchmarking
- such other purposes as may be agreed between us
How long we will retain and process your personal data depends upon the reason for processing.
Transferring information outside the European Union
We deal with some international organisations and use global information systems. This means that we may transfer your personal information to countries outside of the EU for the purposes set out in this privacy notice. Not all countries outside the EU are subject to the same data protection laws as those in the EU and the European Commission may not consider those countries as providing an adequate level of data protection.
When using the services of organisations that fall outside of EU legislation, we take steps to ensure that appropriate protection is in place when we transfer your personal information to another country. This protection is set out under a contract or in the terms and conditions of the organisation that receives, processes or stores information on our behalf.
Data Protection Contact Information
For more information or to exercise your data protection rights please contact us in writing or email: email@example.com
You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which regulates the processing of personal data. For more information please visit: www.ico.org.uk